Just one day into the cleanse and I already am facing some challenges. I had to attend two social events on the same day. The first one, a Tea Party hosted at the Saint Regis, with beautiful Cakes and Patisserie staring at me (hence the photo). The second one was a dinner celebrating one of my favorite stroller brand, Bugaboo, on their collaboration with the Andy Warhol foundation. I hate being the kind of girl starring in her plate and pretending to eat. Luckily, the meal was very healthy, they even served some carrot puree that I “indulged” a bit into!
What I ate:
- Morning: a smoothie: blueberries, raspberries, one ripe mango, frozen organic kale, frozen acai, frozen peaches, a teaspoon of almond butter, protein powder, water
- Lunch: I ordered a kale and grilled chicken salad with almonds and mango, a side of grilled asparagus as well an apple salad with sesame oil from Westville. (yes, I was hungry!!!)
- Snack: no snack
- Dinner: a smoothie: blueberries, raspberries, one ripe mango, frozen organic kale, frozen acai, frozen peaches, a teaspoon of almond butter, protein powder, almond milk.
How I felt:
- feeling a bit more emotional today
- attending social events was actually easier than what I thought it would be. All you need is good neighbors to keep the conversation interesting and not think about the plate in front of you
- a certain pride of achievement for not giving up during the tea party!
Learn more about Dr Junger’s Clean Program here
Receive all things Romy & The Bunnies direct to your inbox. Don't worry – you information is secret safe with us!