Morning school run is one of the most stressful time of the day, especially for a single working mom, between preparing breakfast, dressing up Romy, there is not much time left for myself to look like…myself
However, a bit over three years after becoming a mom, I started to develop my own tricks to be as efficient as possible in the morning to get myself ready the quickest way
- HAIR: I tend to wash it in the evening and let it air dry, and I wake up with a natural soft wave, and no frizz as washing it and drying it in the morning is way too time consuming. If I need a a little refresh, I love dry shampoos, and hair perfumes which now adds shine and textures to your hair. The Klorane Oat Dry Shampoo in Natural Tint is p perfect for dark hair like mine, but I quite prefer the scents of Oribe’s Cote D’Azur hair refresher or .Philip B. Russian Amber Imperial Dry Shampoo. Hair fragrances are great because they refresh but also add shine, unlike most dry shampoos which give more a dry texture. Decandence by Show Beauty enhances shine and smoothness with nourishing oils and vitamin E while refreshing with a delicate fruity floral fragrance. I really love Byredo’s Blanche Hair Perfume. Designed to condition and add shine, it also refresh hair with a mix of White Rose, Violet and Sandalwood, peppered with Peony and Blonde Woods.
- BODY: I cannot start my day without a shower. First tip, don’t laugh, but I like to wear a shower cap. It protects my hair from humidity and therefore it looks fresh longer, and no frizz! I like to wash with something that wakes me up, something fresh, often minty. I love Bliss’ Super Minty Soap and Scrub body exfoliator. I also really like Aromatherapy “Revive” Body wash, especially mixed (if time allows) Aromatherapy’s Natural Exfoliating grains which is meant to be mixed with your body wash. After showering, I like to use body oils instead of moisturizers. I feel they are easier and quicker to apply and my trick is to apply it on pat dried skin and they put a bathrobe and let it sink into your skin naturally, while starting making coffee and breakfast! I am a huge fan of Aurelia Probiotic Skincare dry oil or Hei Poa Monoi Oil. They both smell like a day at the beach!
- Evening: Like for the hair, the trick is to do as much the night before. I never go to bed without washing my face. I love Eve Lom’s cleanser, followed by Crealine Bio Derma H2. I follow with what I call a “overnight facial” using Sarah Chapman’s overnight facial (their over night body treatment is quite amazing too! ) I really like Ren’s Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial which is three-in-one formula exfoliates, energizes and hydrates to ensure you wake up with smoother, brighter and more even-toned skin. These over night treatment really save a lot of time in the morning as I wake up looking more fresh.
- Morning: I quickly wash my face with cold water and then use a mist like the Caudalie Beauty Elixir or Brume D’eveil Mist by La Mer. Then I apply a light moisturizer or face oil. I love Embryolisse
- MAKE UP: If you have a good skin routine this shouldn’t take too long. I simply use a bit Bobby Brown Foundation Stick in Natural Tan to even out my skin, and then I just dab a bit of Charlotte Tilbury Happy Lip and Cheek Glow on my lips and cheeks, I curl my lashes and apply Eyeko fat lashes mascara( and apply the left over on the brush to comb and fix my eyebrows). And finally… READY!
Receive all things Romy & The Bunnies direct to your inbox. Don't worry – you information is secret safe with us!