1. You’re running your incredibly successful clothing line and raising your son in New York City. What are some of your tips on staying balanced and staying inspired with such a hectic schedule?
I’ve had to learn how to end my day at an appropriate time in the evenings – how to tell my team, “goodnight, I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” Spending precious time with my son before he goes to bed is key.
2. What has been the hardest part of becoming a mom?
I think the fear of loving and caring about someone more than anything else and knowing that you literally could not live without them.
3. The easiest part?
Being so in love with the most beautiful human being that could ever exist.
4. Who inspires you?
My own mother, my mother-in-law, Frieda Kahlo, and people with endless amounts of patience.
5. What are some of your favorite ways to spend time together as a family?
Getting out of the city. Going upstate and being in nature and in the woods
6. How do you relax?
Daily meditation. Staying true to what it means to have a real weekend – one without work.
7. What were some of your go-to looks or brands while pregnant?
I wore a lot of my own pieces with stretch. I felt more confident showing off my curves than I do in my non-pregnant body. I was celebrating this new, temporary figure that was probably the most feminine my body will ever look in my lifetime.
8. What about beauty routine? Did you have any favorite products while pregnant? Or after?
I kept my body greased up like a Thanksgiving turkey at all times to avoid stretch marks. Some of my favorite products are sesame oil and cocoa butter. Now I’m a big fan of dry brushing – I try to do it every morning. It’s great for your lymph nodes and for keeping your skin soft.
9. What do you hope your son will learn from you?
How to be a responsible human being in this new world that he is apart of. How to be brave, kind, and express himself with great gusto and joy for life.
Photos By Skye Parrott
Follow Mara on Instagram
Receive all things Romy & The Bunnies direct to your inbox. Don't worry – you information is secret safe with us!