I am so happy to announce that my good friend and Romy and The Bunnies contributor, Kate Schelter, has given birth to a beautiful baby girl, Charlotte Katherine Schumacher. She was born on August 21. Both mom and baby are doing just fine!
Here we have a list of all the things Kate packed to prepare for her delivery.
- • White eyelet nightgown
- • Ugg slippers
- • Indian cotton voile robe
- • Burt’s Bees Lip Balm
- • Shampoo, conditioner, hairdryer, and toiletries
- • Evian Spray mist
- • Boob Design nursing bra from Bellydance Maternity
- • Hair ties
- • Something to wear going home
- • Mason Pearson hairbrush: this was a must have for delivery “bed head”. The nurse helped me brush out major dreadlocks the day after and it just made me feel better
- • Going home outfit
- • White onesie from my mom in Paris
- • White bonnet
- • White hand-knit blanket from my Mother-in-law
- • Baby nail file and clippers
- • Maxi Cosi car seat: a hand me down from my best friend
OUR OTHER NEEDS
- • Canon G9 Camera and battery
- • Watercolor paints and paper: my husband and I used these to paint her birth announcement in the recovery days at the hospital
- • Bose sounddock for iPhone (I asked my husband to make a playlist of songs we love)
- • About 10 hand-painted affirmations that I made to encourage me during delivery. We taped them on the wall and all of us repeated them during labor: my husband, Doula, doctor, nurses, my mom. It really helped me feel supported to hear what I needed to hear.
- • Lavender-filled eye pillow
- • Ice Popsicles: Popsicles were my best friend during delivery. Popsicles and ice chips were the only things I was allowed to eat.
Receive all things Romy & The Bunnies direct to your inbox. Don't worry – you information is secret safe with us!